The diet was supposedly started by a heart surgeon at Sacred Heart Hospital in Canada, though the actual origin is unknown. It is an intense, 7-day weight loss plan that can potentially help you lose 10 to 17 pounds which makes it a very effective plan for losing weight.
Sacred heart weight loss is not safe in the long term, and healthy eating and exercise habits must be maintained afterward in order to avoid gaining the weight back.
Things you’ll need for this program:
- 1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- 3 large green onions
- 1 large can of no fat beef broth
- 1 Pckg of Chicken Noodle Lipton Soup mix
- 2 cans of green beans
- 2 green peppers
- 2lbs of Carrots
- Unsweetened Juices
1. Mix the soup mix and the vegetables in a large pot to make soup. Boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender enough for your liking.
This is the soup you will be eating all week, so be sure to season it to your liking. Pepper, parsley or even Worcestershire sauce can be added for flavoring. Vegetables are fibers and nutrient rich, making the program more effective in preventing too much calorie intake.
2. During a sacred heart program, eat only soup and fruit on day one of this diet plan. Only bananas are forbidden at this stage due to their high sugar content. You can eat as much soup and fruit as you like. Be sure to keep plenty handy for when you have those urges to snack.
Drink water, tea, unsweetened juices or coffee. Fruit juices are safe for this diet because of its vitamin c content which helps your plan more effective during metabolism as it helps gastric juices’ jobs within.
3. Eat vegetables and soup on day two of this weight loss program. Vegetables can be raw, cooked, steamed or canned. On this day, remove all fruit from your diet. For dinner, you can treat yourself to a baked potato, and even add some butter to it. Drink water, tea, unsweetened juices or coffee.
4. Add fruits to your diet, and consume vegetables along with the soup. However, no baked potato is allowed on day three. Drink water, tea, unsweetened juices or coffee.
5. Add bananas and skim milk to your daily diet of soup. The diet calls for at least 3 bananas on this fourth day of the diet.
Though the bananas are high in carbohydrates and calories, your body will need them today. Bananas are also high in potassium which your body will need on this day as well. The protein in the milk will help lessen any cravings for sweets and junk foods.
6. Grill some beef on day five. Eating up to 20 ounces of beef is recommended on this day. Feel free to eat tomatoes throughout the day as well; up to six tomatoes can be consumed on day five of the program.
7. Eat all the beef and green veggies you want on day six. Be sure to still have the soup at least once on this day, though you can have it as often as you want.
8. Add brown rice to your meals on day seven of weight loss diet program. Brown rice, veggies and soup are all that is allowed on this last day of the plan. At the end of this day, you will have lost 10 to 17 pounds from this diet.